BBSRC CTP Four-Year Studentships for October 2021
The Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC ) has awarded a Collaborative Training Partnership (CTP) grant to a consortium led by Berry Gardens Growers Ltd and NIAB EMR. The Collaborative Training Partnership for Fruit Crop Research (www.ctp-fcr.org) focuses on industry-led research and development on important fruit crops in the UK. The studentship is funded for four years with a requirement to complete industry placement(s) of a minimum total of three months.
We are offering exciting fully funded PhD opportunities on the following topics:
• Using climatic and microbiome data to predict apple fruit quality (Ref: CTP_FCR_2021_1)https://www.ctp-fcr.org/machine-learning/
• Investigating abiotic and biotic factors affecting apple canker (Neonectria ditissima) symptom development (Ref: CTP_FCR_2021_2)
• Understanding the dynamics of ascospore production to optimise apple scab management (Ref: CTP_FCR_2021_3)
• Improving fruit quality and establishing molecular breeding resources in raspberry (Ref: CTP_FCR-2021_4)
• What factors control variation in floral initiation in strawberry? (Ref: CTP_FCR-2021_5)
• Manipulation of stomatal density to improve CO2 uptake in Strawberry and Blueberry (Ref: CTP_FCR-2021_6)
• Enhanced gene shuffling in apples and strawberries (Ref: CTP_FCR-2021_7)
• Dissecting the control of continuous cropping in strawberry (Ref: CTP_FCR-2021_8)
• The need for speed – developing new methods for reducing the juvenility period in trees (Ref: CTP_FCR-2021_9)
• Overcoming the limitations to yield in strawberry (Ref: CTP_FCR-2021_10)
• High-throughput robotic phenotyping of fruit traits for automatic strawberry harvesting (Ref: CTP_FCR-2021_11)
• Attacking the clones: understanding resistance of aphid pests to biological control (Ref: CTP_FCR-2021_12)
Anyone interested should fill the online application via the link provided at the end of each project description page before the deadline of 8th February 2020. If you need further help or clarification, please contact email@example.com.