Dr Bethan Shaw
My main interest is in invasive pests and the use of bio-control as an alternative to pesticides.
I currently work on a wide range of projects including pheromone trapping, insect behaviour and integrated pest management. The majority of my time is spent working on several projects focused on invasive pests such as the spotted wing drosophila.’
- Shaw, B., Brain, P., Wijnen, H. & Fountain, M.T.. (2018a). Reducing Drosophila Suzukii emergence through inter-species competition. Pest Management Science,. 74, 1466-1471.
- Shaw, B., Fountain, M. & Wijnen, H. (2018b). Recording and reproducing the diurnal oviposition rhythms of wild populations of the soft- and stone- fruit pest Drosophila suzukii, PLOS ONE,. 13.
- Shaw B, Brain P, Wijnen H, Fountain MT. (2018). Reducing Drosphila suzukii emergence through inter-species competition. Pest Management Science. doi:10.1002/ps4836.
- Shaw, B, Brian, P, Wijnen, H, Fountain, MT (accepted). (2017). Reducing Drosophila suzukii emergence through inter-species competition. Pest Management Science.
- Hall D, Farman D, Douglas P, Cross J, Fountain, M, Shaw B. (2017). Components of the sex pheromone of blackcurrant sawfly, Nematus olfaciens (Hymenoptera: Tenthredinidae): novel isopropyl esters and the role of hydrocarbons. IOBC-WPRS Bulletin Vol. 126. 34-39.
- Noble R, A Dobrovin-Pennington, B Shaw, DS Buss, JV Cross, MT Fountain. (2017). Fermentation for Disinfesting Fruit Waste From Drosophila Species (Diptera: Drosophilidae). Journal Environmental Entomology, 46 (4). 939 - 945.
- Adrian Harris and Bethan Shaw. (2014). First record of Drosophila suzukii (Matsumura) (Diptera, Drosophilidae) in Great Britain. Dipterists Digest, 21.