Prof. Ralph Noble
Control of soil-borne plant pathogens using organic amendments and biocontrol agents. Mushroom pathology. Peat substitution and utilisation of wastes in horticultural growing media. Eradication of plant pathogens during composting and anaerobic digestion.Eradication of plant pathogens during composting and anaerobic digestion. Agronomy and nutrition of protected and field grown crops (mushrooms, vegetables and ornamentals). Reduction of odour and water pollution in mushroom composting.
- Noble R, Dobrovin-Pennington A, Pietravalle S, Henry CM . (2013). Composting of rhododendron and bilberry wastes to contain the spread of the exotic plant pathogens Phytophthora kernoviae and Phytophthora ramorum. Compost Science & Utilization 19. 219-225.
- Eastwood DC, Herman B, Noble R, Dobrovin-Pennington A, Sreenivasaprasad S, Burton KS . (2013). Environmental regulation of reproductive phase change in Agaricus bisporus by 1-octen-3-ol, temperature and CO2. . Fungal Genetics and Biology 55. 54-66.
- Noble R, Blackburn J, Thorp G, Dobrovin-Pennington A, Pietravalle S, Kerins G, Allnutt TR, Henry CM . (2011). Potential for eradication of the exotic plant pathogens Phytophthora kernoviae and Phytophthora ramorum during composting. Plant Pathology 60. 1077-1085.
- Noble R, Dobrovin-Pennington A, Pietravalle S, Weekes R, Henry CM. (2011). Indicator organisms for assessing sanitization during composting of plant wastes. Waste Management 31. 1711-1719.
- Noble R . (2011). Risks and benefits of soil amendment with composts in relation to plant pathogens. Australasian Plant Pathology 40. 157-167.
- Noble R, Dobrovin-Pennington A, Hobbs PJ, Pederby J, Rodger A . (2009). Volatile 8-carbon compounds and pseudomonads influence initiation of Agaricus bisporus primordia. Mycologia 101. 583-591.
- Noble R, Dobrovin-Pennington A, Wright C, Hobbs PJ, Williams J. (2009). Aeration affects analysis and odor of recycled water from mushroom composting sites. Journal of Environmental Quality 38. 1493-1500..
- Noble R, Elphinstone JG, Sansford CE, Budge GE, Henry CM . (2009). Management of plant health risks associated with processing of plant-based wastes: a review. Bioresource Technology 100. 3431-3446.