Dr Robert Saville
General pathologist of top fruit, soft fruit and ornamentals. I undertake applied and fundamental research to serve the UK horticultural sector. My roles as an applied pathologist range from developing control strategies for problem diseases, chemical and biocontrol agent product efficacy testing, crop walking and running the Plant Clinic. Fundamental research includes epidemiology, metagenomics and resistance screening.
- X-M Xu, T Passey, F Wei, R Saville, RJ. Harrison . (2015). Amplicon-based metagenomics identified candidate organisms in soils that caused yield decline in strawberry Hort Res (Nature) 2, 15022. doi:10.1038/hortres.2015.22.
- Edward P. Wilhelm, Ian J. Mackay, Robert J. Saville, Andrey V. Korolev, Francois Balfourier, Andy J. Greenland, Margaret I. Boulton, Wayne Powell. (2013). Haplotype dictionary for the Rht-1 loci in wheat. Theoretical and Applied Genetics . 126 (7). 1733-1747.
- Robert Saville, Angela Berrie, Jean Fitzgerald, Chantelle Jay, Harriet Roberts, Erika Wedgwood, Xiangming Xu, Jerry Cross. (2013). Minimising pesticide residues in strawberry through integrated pest, disease and environmental crop management. IOBC-WPRS Bulletin 91. 431-438 .
- Gregory, P.J., Bishop G.J., Fountain, M., Harrison, R.J. and Saville, R.J. (2013). One hundred years of research at East Malling: science into practice for perennial fruit crops. Annals of Appl. Biol. 163. 1-11.
- Fountain MT, Saville RJ . (2013). Apple crop walkers’ guide. Horticultural Development Company.
- R. J. Saville, N. Gosman, C. J. Burt, J. Makepeace, A. Steed, M. Corbitt, E. Chandler, J. K. M. Brown, M. I. Boulton, and P. Nicholson. (2012). The ‘Green Revolution’ dwarfing genes play a role in disease resistance in Triticum aestivum and Hordeum vulgare. J Exp Bot. 63(3). 1271–1283.
- Pearce S, Saville R, Vaughan SP, Chandler PM, Wilhelm EP, Sparks CA, Al-Kaff N, Korolev A, Boulton MI, Phillips AL, Hedden P, Nicholson P, Thomas SG. (2011). Molecular characterization of Rht-1 dwarfing genes in hexaploid wheat. Plant Physiol. 157 (4). 1820-31.