Dr Bo Li
I hold a BSc in Optics & Electrical Engineering (Beihang University, Beijing, China), an MSc in Digital Signal & Image Processing (Cranfield University, Bedfordshire) and I recently completed a PhD programme in Hyperspectral Imaging (Teeside University, North Yorkshire).
I am working as part of a team that have on-going work in a range of areas including trait identification, plant genetics and genomics, bioinformatics and molecular biology and my project interest is focused on the application of hyperspectral imaging to visualise the infection of strawberry roots by pathogenic fungi and nematodes. Data from the models to highlight key features (e.g. roots, pathogens, nematodes and plant responses) will be processed further in order to allow phenotype to genotype associations, through a genetics technique known as QTL mapping, in order to develop genetic markers for plant breeding applications.
I am also working on another project to develop a novel autonomous image analysis method for the remote monitoring spotted wing drosophila (SWD). Portable hardware is under development with real time algorithm based the morphological features of SWD.
- Joe Q He, Richard J Harrison, Bo Li. (2017). A novel 3D imaging system for strawberry phenotyping Plant Methods. 13:1,93.
- Li B, Hulin M.T., Brain P, Mansfield J.W., Jackson R.W. and Harrison R.J. . (2015). Rapid, automated detection of stem canker symptoms in woody perennials using artificial neural network analysis Plant Methods 11:. 57.
- B. Li, P. Beveridge, W.T. O'Hare, M. Islam. (2014). The application of visible wavelength reflectance hyperspectral imaging for the detection and identification of blood stains Sci. Justice 54. 423–438.
- B. Li, P. Beveridge, W.T. O'Hare, M. Islam. (2013). The age estimation of blood stains up to 30 days old using visible wavelength hyperspectral image analysis and linear discriminant analysis Sci. Justice 53. 270–277.
- B. Li, P. Beveridge, W.T. O'Hare, M. Islam. (2011). The estimation of the age of a blood stain using reflectance spectroscopy with a microspectrophotometer, spectral pre-processing and linear discriminant analysis Forensic Science International 212. 198-204.